Weeds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had the weed 'woodrush' (luzula campestris for its posh name!)in their lawn? Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I've scarified and fed the lawn. Is there anything else I can do?

Sponsored Links
I've been using VERDONE to get rid of entrenched clover and other weeds but having only recently applied it I don't know how good it is. It doesn't mention woodrush specifically on the box but it could come under the "and other weeds" bit.

You could try asking at a garden centre.

Sorry, not much help. :(

Further to my last post, I had a look in the Lawn Expert book (if you haven't got one of these have a browse next time you're in a garden centre). They recommend a selective weedkiller being applied every six weeks. A single application won't be enough to get rid of it. It's persistant stuff.

Sponsored Links
Ten days on and the weeds are dying. These include white clover, yarrow and creeping buttercup. I think there might be some grass underneath it all but I'll have to wait and see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back