weeping/leaking waste from shower trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
fitted one of these and it still leaks
http://www.screwfix.com/p/opella-domed-shower-waste-trap-90mm-3/90912
tried plumbers mait on top and silicone below - it like i cant get it tight enough (so feels damp under neath) one side (at the front) i cant get it to sit straght.

any thoughts please - at the moment my dad has silconed it it not leaking so not causeing a major probem but the silcone feels damp.

:(

comments on line seem to suggest it only fits chunky thick shower trays?! at it only sells with a rubber washer

Sponsored Links
Its designed for the thicker ceramic or stone cast shower trays, this one.....always try a dry run if you can to see if you can get it tight enough, and a good squidge of silicone where the trap meets the tray topside is essential.
John :)

Personally I wouldn't like to risk any water leak at all from a shower, so I'd avoid altering any particular product.
I find that McAlpine wastes are the best out there, so if you can find a supplier try assembling the thing on the bench, and see how close the trap can be screwed together.
Opella is another good make.

Sponsored Links
anyone know of any that fit thin shower trays or is it best to have a bath trap??!

i need a wide waste (at the top) say 3 inch

thanks

Google McAlpine shower wastes, and you'll find 11 types that will fit a thinner tray....they don't come with any trap though - you can fit whatever you like, so long as there's space under the floor.

I'd be very surprised indeed if it didn't come with a backnut.....the threads however are all the same in this size so it would be easy enough to get one - most of us have loads of them spare!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back