Weird leak, pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a strange small leak in my kitchen.
It started off as I noticed a puddle of water on the floor by the dishwasher. Having pulled it out the wetness seemed to come from the water inlet by the washing machine valve. Tightened both ends and was dry for all day. Next morning same thing, puddle. I swapped the hose for a new one and all seemed well for 2 weeks or so then one morning puddle again. Strange as it was fine for that time. Pulled it out again and this time was leaking by the dishwasher end.
Anyhow I turned off the valve to the dishwasher and left it, manual washing up!
Forward another couple of weeks and now noticed in the morning a puddle under the sink dripping from the connection to the washing machine. There is block attached to the hose which I'm not sure what this is.
I'm stumped as it has never leaked there before and it only happens at night, and seemed odd that it has occurred after I turned the dishwasher valve off, if the two are linked? Please help, thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Hard to visualise from text. I think some snaps may get more replies, especially identifying the mystery 'block'.

Hose is like above.

Sorry if not clear from my OP.
I guess I'm asking why would something leak all of a sudden only at night from two seperate locations when it was fine before. I cannot tighten the connections any more. They don't leak during the day.
Could this be related to too high pressure?

Sponsored Links
Pressure usually increases during the night (less demand) so this could be it. You say you can't tighten it up anymore ? You shouldn't over tighten these really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back