Weird light switch behaviour !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an issue with a 2 way switch on the stairs and landing, replaced both switches to touch switches from standard toggle ones. Wiring from wall has a common, then a single black and red wires that went to l1 and l2 respectively.
The new touch switches have a L L1 & 2 way(signal) followed the instructions and wired common to L, black to the 2 way(signal) and the single red to L1,
Now I can turn the light on and off from downstairs no problem, when the light is on I can turn it off then on using the upstairs switch but only on fairly quick succession, after I turn it off using the upstairs switch I can then hear the bottom switch click off, once this happens the only way the light will come on is if I go downstairs and turn it back on,
Any ideas would be great !!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply, the switched are cnbingo/bseed touch switches from Amazon, doesn't say anything regarding master or slave in the instructions, just a simple wiring diagram

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231102-214155.png
    Screenshot_20231102-214155.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
It is clearly master/slave I have marked the picture. 1698965342712.pnghowever I can't see how the slave can work, as there is no way for it to get power. normally we see three wires to the slave 1698965615224.png however each one is different, the TP-link version has batteries to power them, and the kinetic type uses the energy of your fingers, we no longer have one diagram fits all. I am sure there are more instructions, the one I have shown says at least 5 watt bulbs, a link to instructions or advert may help. it is possible it is just how they are linked, do they need a special app?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back