Weird or what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning I had a beautifully hand written letter delivered, on personal stationary in a hand addressed envelope, with a 2nd class stamp. The letter was full page, and the writer had needed to use some correction fluid. It was addressed to 'Dear Neighbour' and extolled being a Jehovah's Witness. It included what seemed to be the sender's first name and address, plus a JW leaflet.

Not a neighbour, the address was many miles from here. We do occasionally see bible bashers leaflets pushed through the door, but never anything like this - hand written and posted. What's going on, is this what the JW's do to drum up membership?

Sponsored Links
They started doing this round here during the covid outbreak

Sponsored Links
They believe God has instructed them to tell you about your potential salvation. I'm not up on "gods" Law, but believe it might come from
Isaiah 52:7 and also Romans 10:14. I'm sure there are other parts which basically instruct them to "inform", "save" and recruit.

This morning I had a beautifully hand written letter delivered, on personal stationary in a hand addressed envelope, with a 2nd class stamp. The letter was full page, and the writer had needed to use some correction fluid. It was addressed to 'Dear Neighbour' and extolled being a Jehovah's Witness. It included what seemed to be the sender's first name and address, plus a JW leaflet.

Not a neighbour, the address was many miles from here. We do occasionally see bible bashers leaflets pushed through the door, but never anything like this - hand written and posted. What's going on, is this what the JW's do to drum up membership?
You perhaps look like you need saving and have appeared on the radar. Perhaps more fruitful if you just seek professional help.(y)

This is not a new thing, they have been "letter writing" as long as I can remember.

Never had that at home but I get them quite often at my workshop. Letters or postcards, handwritten and posted.

I've had a few of these.

I think it would be a great thing for retired people without any agenda whatsoever to do - write a letter to a someone to drum up a pen-friendship with a stranger.

It could have a good effect on these people's lives.

Jesus came down from the Mount of Olives and happened upon a trial where a woman had been found guilty of adultery and was condemned to death by stoning.

Just as the first stone was about to be cast, Jesus stepped forward and said let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

At this point an elderly woman stepped forward carrying a small boulder, slammed it down on the harlots head killing her dead.

Jesus said to her "sometimes mum you really p155 me off".

I recently received a weird letter, from Direct Line insurance.
We insure our cars together, which nominally has my name on it - it's me they contact for renewals.
This letter was to my wife. It informed her of an overpayment "she" paid at the last renewal. That was about 10 months ago. They claim to have credited the account, so it'll be interesting to see if/where that turns up.
£15.

Sponsored Links
Back