Wet external woodwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed this woodwork in a garage, frames for door and window. The wood was bare and untreated and I was going to treat it and paint it with exterior paint. But I left for several months and it was exposed to the constant rain this year. The door is internal but I thought that I could protect it with preservers and good external paint finishing.

Can it be rescued? can it be painted and/or sealed?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You would be better painting it with a microporous paint, which will provide both protection from the elements and allow the timer to breath...pinenot :)

I would also wait for a few weeks of dry weather before touching it with any paints.

Sponsored Links
if it is an "internal" door, and if it has been exposed to the elements, I bet you will have a lot of water penetration through the top and bottom. They need protection most, and are neglected the most. Have a look. I see there is no gutter.

If it is hollow with hardboard faces, put it on the fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back