Wet floor - Condensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a log cabin from a kit.

I have put down 4 inches of concrete and the base, which is a framework of 70mm pressure treated wooden posts. The cabin floor which is tongue and groove boards, sits on top of this frame.

In my wisdom I decided to put down a layer of the silver backed bubble film to insulate under the floor before i screwed the floorboards down.

I then laid carpet tiles on top and was happy.

Today I lifted the corner tile to put a cable under it, and there is a damp feel to the floowboards.

I cant get underneath any more, but I drilled a 30mm inspection hole and cut through the foil to try to find out what is happening.

It feels like there is water on the underside of the foil, closest to the ground, but it is dry under the floorboards.

My guess is that with all the rain, there is bound to be some water get under the shed, and possibly some sweating out of the concrete?

Can anyone advise on what I should do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back