Wet floor insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi :)

Finished my build a couple of months ago and everything is now water tight. It's a double skin building with floor, wall and roof insulation (warm roof). The floor is comprised of hardcore, sand, DPM, celotex insulation then the concrete floor. During the build though we had a lot of rain and it must have drained down to the floor insulation and now the floor insulation is still wet. I'm hoping it's just on the surface of the insulation as it will be easier to dry out.

DSC_2458_zpsy1beug5h.jpg

All the doors and windows have been shut since it's been built so is it a case of leaving the doors and windows open in the day time to allow the moisture to evaporate? Maybe put a dehumidifier in there?

Any advice is appreciated. I won't be using the building for another year or so so plenty of time to sort it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Only use a dehumidifier when all openings are closed, else you are trying to dehumidify the world! A fan close to the floor will help to lift the damp air . opening the doors and windows is better the then the dehumidifier.

Frank

Thanks Frank, I'll give it a good airing with the doors and windows open then. I don't think the dampness goes too far into the insulation as some other parts are pretty much dry on top so shouldn't take long to dry.

Cheers Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back