Wet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently removed my laminate floor from my kitchen dining room and the foil backed foam was damp. The foam was laid foil side down onto the concrete floor.

The foil side was damp like a mirror after you take a shower and the floor wasn't wet really.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like your floor doesn't have an effective damp-proof membrane and the water is simply condensation. Wouldn't worry if I were you.

How long had the house been built and the concrete floor laid before it was covered?

Its in the extension which is about 10/15 years old I think.

Just wondering if it will cause any problems as we are replacing the laminate with a tiled floor warmed by a plinth/kicker heater.

Sponsored Links
You had better have a damp-proof layer under them then (I had been wondering if it was new concrete still damp).

Originaly we had half laminate and the other half was tiled and there is no sign of damp under the tiles when we pulled them up.

Did I fit the foam the right way up? Should it be silver side facing the boards and not the floor?

Thansk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back