Wet retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Retaining wall rendered 2 weeks ago but this patch is not drying out. How can I fix this?
Was thinking of attacking with a core bit and putting another weep hole in…or shall I just try to prime and paint?

Thanks in advance for your advice

IMG_8046.jpeg

IMG_8050.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Just let it dry naturally, you do have a membrane behind don't you? You could drill another hole of it makes you feel better it might help in the short term, in any case the render will either blow in a couple of years or the paint will flake off, rendered retaining walls always fail aesthetically at some point in the UK eventually, we just don't have a suitable climate. As you're not fitting coping stones on top there will be rain streaks down the front faces too.

Thanks for replying. There’s a membrane there but I fear it hasn’t been applied correctly in this part and that’s why it’s so wet. The guys who did it weren’t very precise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back