Wet room channel drain question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone could offer me some advice/guidance.
I have recently bought a wet room channel drain and I'm now concerned it's not fit for what I want.

Please find image of the drain

The insert is to be tiled so that you just get a square outline where the water runs down and into the drain.

My query is this: The other (astronomically priced) similar drains I have seen online are made for the tanking mambrane to fold over the edge of the drain allowing any moisture under the tiles to flow into the drain. They then have another aluminium insert that allows you to butt the tiles (above the membrane) up against. A la:

Does anyone know how you install the one I've bought, the instructions are rubbish - obviously been translated. One part tells me to "make love with precision".

I'm worried that if I butt up the tiles to the aluminium frame and just have the membrane fit square to it then any moisture under the tiles will just collect in the angle and have nowhere to go.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back