Wet room glass screen layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a complete renovation project, I am designing the new bathroom. We are going for a wet room shower design and I have been able to find lots of information on tanking/tiling options etc. However, I haven't been able to find any good advice on the dimensions of the screened off shower area. The attached picture shows the general layout. The width is limited to 800mm because of the position of the door. I am looking at a wet room deck of either 800 by 1300 or 800 by 1500. If I go for the 1500, the main screen would be 900mm and the opening 600mm wide. Is 900mm likely to be enough to ensure that water doesn't wash out through the opening? Any pointers would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I'm doing a similiar project but with only one screen that goes from floor to ceiling recessed into floor, ceiling and wall.

The good thing with wet rooms is (using a preformed wet room floor) the water "shouldn't" pool like a shower tray may.

Have a look at these floors

http://www.rubberduckbathrooms.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=249_354_359

I'm trying to find info on what to use to bond the glass into the floor ceiling and wall.. Any Ideas folks???

P.s. what did you use to design the bathroom picture

if you're both working on this, the majestic custom screen is good.

comes with a channel for wall, floor and ceiling, with instructions.

tricky part is getting the channel in ceiling completely parallel with the floor.
i managed it, probably a bit of luck.

also, water really does not splash as much as you'd think. I tanked floor to ceiling on 3 walls, when in reality water at worse only gets up a few feet from the floor,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back