Wet room panelling recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies it’s not exactly tiling but it’s the nearest heading I could find.

I’m wanting to wet board 2 wall adjacent to the bath. The wall at the top end of the bath has shower mixer tap in wall and associated riser bar, also a glass screen screwed to wall top and bottom.

it’s tiled at the moment but going for a change of colour. I like the idea of the boarding but looking for product recommendations. It seems to be either the corrugated pvc board or some form of composite board.

Can anyone offer any experience. Prices per board seem to be from £30 to £300 so it’s a bit of a minefield

Sponsored Links
Done 5 bathrooms to date with paneling. Always used 'Formica' Shower paneling until the last one I did when I used 'Rearo' paneling; those panels are Marine or WBP Plywood cored.
I judge those to be a balance between cost and durability.
The very best paneling I've seen is Bush Board Nuance used with their sealer.
There is other 100% plastic panels which are cheaper but I found out those panels are UV sensitive and therefore have very limited life.

Sponsored Links
There is a bewildering array of stuff out there, I’ve been in a couple of showrooms this week where prices varied from £80 a sheet to £350 and I must say on the wall they all looked just about as good. I think I’m going to go for the cheaper end with the option of being able to change them more often !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back