Wet room possible pipe leaking below cement/mouldy carpet!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an incredibly wet room to deal with. Have been collecting 2 liters per day and my son has been sleeping in the room for years, yikes!! It has an old chimney in the room but the wall is not wet there. It's more along the baseboard where the paint is blown out. The floor is concrete, is there any way I can tell if a pipe in the floor is leaking under there?I have a feeling the copper pipes weren't lagged.

PS anyone have a great referral for a Walton on Thames based surveyor/plumber?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have an incredibly wet room to deal with. Have been collecting 2 liters per day and my son has been sleeping in the room for years, yikes!! It has an old chimney in the room but the wall is not wet there. It's more along the baseboard where the paint is blown out. The floor is concrete, is there any way I can tell if a pipe in the floor is leaking under there?I have a feeling the copper pipes weren't lagged.

PS anyone have a great referral for a Walton on Thames based surveyor/plumber?

Thanks.
off of your description sounds like a leak
has this room got a rad in it
does it have other service pipe work running through it ie hot & colds cw main
to determin which one is leaking
r u on a meter - if it is the cold water main you could possibly hear it with a blunt metal instrument (screwdriver-place against ear gently and touch floor)
tie up storage & f&e tanks (floatvalves in loft) and make sure no other taps are running and see if your meter continues to spin if so main leaking ,leave them tied up for a while and record the level in the tanks and see over a period if one drops -which determines heating or hot & cold-to determine hot or cold you need to isolate cylinder feed or cold water feed

Simple pressure test will tell you if the water pipes leak or not. Waste pipe is a bit harder to test.

Several good guys on here that are closer to you than I am, but if you get stuck, I can do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back