Wet room tray tile cut pattern advice

Show pics of the underside and side of an open drawer. Some drawers are removed just by opening them and tugging the front upwards

Agreed, some have plastic lugs that you twist to the side, others have little levers that have to be lifted down on one side and lowered on the other side to to remove the draw.

Sponsored Links
Impressive.

How did you get on with installing the shower enclosure (looks like it is frameless)? Is it 8mm glass? I've just done my first shower room as well and on the final stretch now but conceded defeat in installing the last part of the enclosure and got a bathroom guy coming tomorrow to finish this bit for me.
It wasn't too bad, my walls arent the most level so I had to do a little faffing. It's 6mm glass, and being frameless it feels a little flimsy if I'm being honest, I wouldn't like to slip and fall full weight into it put it that way. It doesn't help that the strenghening brackets at the top are screwed through PVC shower panels as when you pull on the glass, the panels do flex a little, and I think it would feel a little sturdier if they were screwed through tile. However like I said it's not too bad, when the door is closed it feels a lot sturdier.

I fitted the conceptually similar Grohe version - 'smartcontrol' and 'rapido smartbox' in my bathroom and tbh I was quite disappointed for the money it cost - the only bit made of metal on the whole thing is the faceplate, everything else is chromed plastic. Even the valves inside are plastic.

Works well but very poor value IMO.

What's the Hansgrohe unit made of?
View attachment 306313
They are made from chromed plastic, the valve itself inside is brass. Very impressed with all the Hansgrohe stuff so far, though I agree it's not cheap. I did manage to get this shower kit for a very good price on an eBay auction, I paid £700 for the whole kit, brand new, and a bathroom centre local to me was selling the same one for over £1600.

Sponsored Links
Show pics of the underside and side of an open drawer. Some drawers are removed just by opening them and tugging the front upwards
Thanks, and you are indeed correct. I did try this initially but I wasn't pulling hard enough. It took quite an uncomfortable amount of force but eventually the drawer popped, it went with a fair bang and the drawer then came out. It's not something I would like to do on a regular basis, I really didn't like how much force it took.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back