Wet saw Tr202 not cutting straight

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
I have just bought a wet saw from Norton clipper. I have squared the blade, and everything lines up perfectly, and no one seems to know the answer.

The problem:
When I start cutting the tile, the first 3cm (1.2 inches) is not straight and the blade kind of comes in at an angle. After the 3cm it now levels itself out and cuts straight.

AND EVERYTHING ON THE LEFT-SIDE OF THE BLADE CHIPS, THE RIGHT-SIDE CUTS PERFECT

Does anyone know the solution?

Attachments

• billede_2022-08-11_160738609.png
    billede_2022-08-11_160738609.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 10440003-1.jpg
    10440003-1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
No the same cutter as yours, but a few years ago I purchased a Big Clinker 2 score and snap cutter. I was working with 600mm square tiles. Every tile I cut had a bow in the middle of the tile. I rang the manufacturer and they recommended that I take it back for a replacement. The replacement was fine.

To be honest, I could not work out what was wrong with it. I suspect that there must have been too much play in one of the arms. If you have the same problem, that would explain things. Once the blade is sufficiently far enough in to the cut, the blade will minimise deviation.

I would recommend that you ask for a replacement. Have you spoken to Norton Clipper?

Just a guess.

Are there bearings inside the track assembly that allows the blade to slide along?

I have a large Battipav cutter, which is off kilter with cuts, there are 8 bearings in the head assembly that need replacing, so it's not sliding along the aluminium track assembly straight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back