Wet Silicon on Dry Silicon will it bond

B

Bodd

Good afternoon all

Ive been told a new application of fresh Silicon will not bond with existing dry silicon

Does anyone know if this is true or not.

Regards Bod

Sponsored Links
True.

Cut out ALL old silicone, clean with Methylated spirit (NOT white spirit) and apply new. A scalpel with a new blade or two is very good for cutting out once bulk removed with Stanley type knife. You can get silicone remover chemical, but I've never found it any use.

True.

Cut out ALL old silicone, clean with Methylated spirit (NOT white spirit) and apply new. A scalpel with a new blade or two is very good for cutting out once bulk removed with Stanley type knife. You can get silicone remover chemical, but I've never found it any use.

The problem I have is I'm on a site of 8 new houses. Like always the main contractor goes about everything are about face.

My advice is Silicon the Washrooms first. more importantly silicon the shower tray before the shower door gets fitted.

They want to fit the cubicles first, and silicon last.

Bod

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back