silicone sealant!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just put a new WC in and had to change the position of the pan connection slightly,I had to join 2 offset pan connectors,
exactly where the pan connectors joined it would'nt stop weeping very slightly ( it was in a very awkward place no room at all).
I ended up drying it out as best as I could and then putting silicone round the join on the pan connnectors
My question is can silicone sealant be applied to a slightly damp/wet surface or will it not do the job.
I do'nt want the dreaded fone call tomorrow. :cry:

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's not really the way to go, more of a bodge.
Either the connectors are holding water or they aren't fitted correct.

Well you're right they will be holding water with the 2 offset configuration but should't they be sealed by the rubber lips?

And secondly will the 'bodge be upto holding the leak off for a long time to come?

Well you're right they will be holding water with the 2 offset configuration but should't they be sealed by the rubber lips?

Have you fitted the offsets upside down then ?
You don't want them holding water.
Did you sleeve it before putting the other pan connector inside ?

And secondly will the 'bodge be upto holding the leak off for a long time to come?

I wouldn't say so.

Sponsored Links
Does it need sleeving? :eek:

What do you mean upside down, the connection to the soil pipe is higher than the pan level , this why I had to use 2 ofsets, it's all I could find to fit.

From what you say I need to re-visit and sleeve it in the least, Although I put enough silicuount in there :p

If you don't want the phone call, then turn your phone off.

The soil pipe is too high, it needs to be lower.

Any area that is wet or damp will not seal with silicone.

Andy

If you don't want the phone call, then turn your phone off.

The soil pipe is too high, it needs to be lower.

Any area that is wet or damp will not seal with silicone. Andy
But it will seal with Fernox LSX :idea: which is like silicone but special ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back