wet soil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, i have to lay new slabs on quite a firm clay soil. As it has rained yesterday, do i have to wait till the soil is completely dry or can i lay a bed of sand and slabs on the top on a wet soil? Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
if youre laying then that way makes no difference as it wont last anyway. do a search and youll find plenty of advice on here as to how they should be laid

Hi Thermo thanks for your advice. I know what you mean, but i am just replacing the old slabs with new ones..............the old ones have been there for 15 years and to be honest with you the movement has been really minimal. I have removed the old ones about 3 days ago and i am just going to lay a thin bed of sharp and new slabs on the top. As it has been raining yesterday, i just wondered if it was better to let the surface completely dry before laying the sand and slabs or it was irrelevant. Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back