wet timber and power tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With a bit of luck with the weather this weekend I will be building a deck. Are there any problems or things I should watch out for when cutting wet timber (6x2 joists mainly as the deck boards are stored inside) with my powered mitre saw or any other power saws etc. I assume (hope) this is not a major problem

I won't of course be working if its raining, what I mean is the 6x2's have been outside and there has been a fair bit of rain so the timber will be wet to some degree when cutting.

Sponsored Links
not really it'll just be a little harder to cut but not a big deal. Cutting by hand when wet is more of an issue as it's bloody hard work.

Probably not that relevant to what you will be doing but I always find that electric planers clog up more on wet or green timbers.

Sponsored Links
thanks - just needed reassurance that no major issues in doing this. Don't think I will be planing much - but its good to know none the less. I'm surprised over the years that I have never really been in the situation before now where I had wet timber to work with - I guess I always stored it inside before now. thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back