Wet UFH Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently renovating my house and looking to install UFH and contemplating going with a wet system in two areas 1) Kitchen & Dining Room 2) Living Room.

We have a system boiler and our boiler is in the Kitchen & Diner and the water cylinder is in the 1st floor. This may be a naive assumption but I was thinking if the UFH pipes could be run off the existing radiator pipework, would we still need new manifolds installed somewhere?

Sponsored Links
If you are retrofitting UFH for anything larger than say a small bathroom then yes, you need to pump, flowrate and blend the UFH circuits correctly and they need to be managed by their own stat. That would need to all be managed through a manifold/pump/blending valve arrangement.

That and the UFH runs at a lower temp than the normal radiator circuit, hence the blending valve and that would best be setup on an all in one manifold setup

If you are retrofitting UFH for anything larger than say a small bathroom then yes, you need to pump and blend the UFH circuits correctly and they need to be managed by their own stat. That would need to all be managed through a manifold/pump/blending valve arrangement.

Great, that's very straight forward. My next question is then, is there a particular place where the manifold needs to be installed? Could I have it under my boiler or would it need to be located near the cylinder on the first floor?

Sponsored Links
You really want to have the manifold as centralised to the area(s) that it supplies as possible, this will allow pipe run lengths to be minimised and heat loss/costs kept to a minimum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back