wet UFH screed in Stockport/Manchester area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am struggling to find a few different companies to get quotes from.
Can anyone recomend someone to screed over our ufh in the Stockport/Manchester area, preferably localish firms.
We are after the sand/cement/fibre type.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Until you said "fibre" I would have said any builder!

Do you mean glass fibre reinforcement? Why do you feel you need that?

Tony

plastic fibres to reinforce the screed.
I know any builder can do it but was looking for someone who just does floors to hopefully obtain a flatter floor

Why do you feel reinforcement is needed? Its very rare for it to be used to cover UFH.

I would also be worried about getting a floor flat but thats the problem with builders. Until its done you have no idea what kind of job they are likely to do.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Everyone I have spoken too regarding this and all the info on various floor screeding websites says to go for the fibre mix screed as it helps prevent cracking and gives a better finish.

I know you won't know what you get untill the job is finished which is why I'm asking for any recomendations.
I've only managed to find 1 localish company so far.

Interesting!

I would have thought the correct minimum depth and water content were more inportant at reducing cracking.

Lets see what others say.

Tony

Done a couple were prior to tileing they stuck "Ditra Matting" to the floor
due to previous problems with screeds

Think NU-Heat reccommend ditra matting ??

Thanks for all the advice.
I went with northwest screeders in the end and I'm glad I did. They did a great job and I'm pleased with the result. Just got to wait for it to fully cure and dry out now

How think is the screed and what was the cost per m2 ?

Did they use a reinforced screed and if so with what?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back