Wet UFH recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am planning to install a wet system in the next week or 2, prior to screed arrival for my new kitchen floor.

Having done quite a bit of googling, I can't seem to find many impartial places of advice as to what's a half decent and not too pricey ufh system for approx 28m2 in a single room (which the boiler is also in).

Can anyone recommend any decent products?

TIA,

Ben.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this @muggles. Am I right in thinking that with this system I'd have to have the UFH on at the same time as the house rads? My preference would be for a system which enables me to operate the UFH separately from the house heating. Would this simply be a 2-zone system?

No, this will allow completely independent control on its own zone (provided it's installed correctly of course!).

Sponsored Links
I’ve got a polypipe zru kit, for a single room up to 30 m².
I used the red floor trays, for the pipe work embedded in liquid screed around 65/70mm.

With two, two port valves, I have control of the ufh separate from the house (combi and 10 rads) and have a pair of wireless thermostatS.

Works really well, wish I had wet ufh throughout hole house.

I have just installed a polypipe system with the red push in insulation clips.
All installed fairly easily. It didn't come with a pressure gauge (bought one from toolstation) and I had to buy some pipe cutters.

Installation was very easy. It came with a grundfos pump too..

Just need to get it plumbed in before winter! You will probably need some 2 port valves so you can have the UFH on without the radiators.

Good point about gauge... I did the same.

Where did you locate the 2 port valves? Both by the boiler? What size feed did you use? I'm thinking 22mm back to the boiler but I have been told 15mm would probably be OK....
Did you use a wiring centre? I need to do some head scratching and get it wired and plumbed in!

22mm feed, and tee’d off in 15mm.
Think larger feeds are recommended on most boilers.

The two port valves were on the flow pipes if I remember correctly. Yes beneath the boiler.

There was no need of wiring centre, the thermo’s are wired into boiler.
There is a pump and blending valve on the zru, my ufh has two loops.

I would break in to the 22mm heating loop. How long is your 15mm feed to the UFH?
Mine would be about 15m I think. Might just have to do it all in 22mm

22mm feed, and tee’d off in 15mm.
Think larger feeds are recommended on most boilers.

The two port valves were on the flow pipes if I remember correctly. Yes beneath the boiler.

There was no need of wiring centre, the thermo’s are wired into boiler.
There is a pump and blending valve on the zru, my ufh has two loops.

My feeds are 22mm right up to the start of the ufh. In the house, when the feeds stop there is a around 3m to the rad on a couple of the rads.

Just take the 22 as close as you can. That said the ufh system is only 15/16mm pipe work, so doubt it makes that much difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back