Wet UFH Decisions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm intending to install (or have my builder install) a wet UFH system in a 40m2 GF extension area.
The key questions I have are:

1. Am I right in thinking that the 'controls' for such a system can become quite expensive, and that it would be quite sensible to have 'simple' controls installed initially, with the possibility of upgrading them later if necessary/desirable. i.e. I assume it's easy to 'upgrade' the controls (mixers/electronics) at any time later?

2. Is there any benefit in me specifying to the builder whether I want the ufh pipes simply 'stapled in a screed', or fixed within the 'pipe fixing panels' I've seen you can buy? Or is this a decision best left to the builder depending simply upon their installation preferences (i.e their skill vrs the extra costs of panels).

3. Is there any benefit in specifying/buying complete Wet UFH Kits (e.g. ones from ProWarm for ~£750 for 40m2 area) or, again, should I only check the quality of the pipes and let the builder determine the quality of the manifold etc. etc.

I know the builder has experience of installing Wet UFH systems, but don't know exactly how they've done things.

Thanks for your advice.
Ezio

Sponsored Links
I have wet ufh, by controls I have a Honywell programmer they are about £120, there was a £40 one fitted when I moved it, absolutely useless, get something that does the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back