Wet under floor heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
If installed correctly yes. I have it at home.

So I'm thinking I should insulate the floor with Rockwool and netting - not sure if I need to do this if I'm using these insulated overlay boards? Another thing I'm thinking is I remove the floorboards and replace with ply? the floor is sound but for rigidity would it be better I do that? I'm hoping to tile directly onto the overlay boards unless you guys tell me I need matting or something else on top?

thanks Dan but I'm leaning towards either a pug dry mix or gypsum based overlay board finished off with a screed. I want to maximise the heat transfer from the pipes and I feel having them in contact with either sand and cement mixture or screed will make the system more efficient? I'm hoping somebody here can correct me if I'm wrong! Can anybody recommend an overlay system which can be screeded on? I'm thinking of using one of the self levelling products on the market.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Look at NuHeat LoPro Max - I think it's exactly what you're after

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back