Wet wall Old House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg
Hi all

The back of the house is getting rising damp and I can see the black plastic lining is flush with the ground. Masonry paint has been previously used. But no effect

I’ve just installed dry rods internally but wondering if I need to address the continuing problem

should I cut away the ground and overlap some plastic then cement it back, to create a seal up the first 2 courses?

or is the dry rod sufficient please?

not looking for dramatic problem causing replies: just after hints and tips to work with what I’ve got please and thanks.

I know it’s a building and needs professionals but I’m broke. Technically minded. Doing ok so far. Have required tools I think. If there’s a solution or some technical minded tricks they would be greatly appreciated!

tia
image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks and are the dry rods a long term answer please?

Sponsored Links
Thanks and are the dry rods a long term answer please?

No. The solution is to identify the source of the water and correct it.

More often than not it will be leak-related.

Stand back and take some wider pictures of the wall please, inside and out.

Hi all

e?

not looking for dramatic problem causing replies: just after hints and tips to work with what I’ve got please
rip all the plaster off and get lime rendering - watch a U tube video;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back