Wet wood smell in kitchen in flat./losing the will!!

Yes. The smell is coming from one of the drains. Once it's blocked off or had bleach down it the smell will go.

OK Joe I shall take the plumbing out and leave it outside for the night and block every orrifice in the kitchen?(obviously not use the sink etc) and see if the smell subsides and some bleach.

If this works Beers are en route.

Just please confirm.

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Yes. That should do the trick. Block off all holes out of the flat - especially the washer. Let us know how you get on.

You just need to make it all airtight. If the bad air can't get into the room - that's a result.

Sponsored Links
You just need to make it all airtight. If the bad air can't get into the room - that's a result.

Ok thanks again Joe.

I have blocked all routes out but obviously the flat now stinks of bleach and I suggest will do in the morning.

Shall I leave the rags in for a few days or take them out tomorrow morning and flush through and then see if the smell comes back but still blocking the plugholes?

Thanks

Chris

Ok thanks again Joe.

I have blocked all routes out but obviously the flat now stinks of bleach and I suggest will do in the morning.

Shall I leave the rags in for a few days or take them out tomorrow morning and flush through and then see if the smell comes back but still blocking the plugholes?

Thanks

Chris

Well thanks again Joe.

I've flushed all the pipes out of bleach and water/smell etc and stuffed with rags.

What i did notice as I took some of the plumbing off there is some serious gales coming through the waste pipe underneath the sink with the exact smell!

Not sure why it is drafty through a waste pipe but is looking good for at least finding the smell. Will check out tomorrow morning but draft through the waste pipe is obviously it I hope.

Next thing is why the gale through the waste pipe?

I'm getting there.

Thanks Joe and will report back tomorrow without fail.

Looks like its the drains Joe.

You are the man!!

Much appreciated.

As I say there is a gail coming through the pipe that exits outside.

I guess a plumber next to try and stop the gail?

Looks like its the drains Joe.

You are the man!!

Much appreciated.

As I say there is a gail coming through the pipe that exits outside.

I guess a plumber next to try and stop the gail?

To be honest I'm not sure now as I've just been outside but I guess years of smell is not going to disappear overnight.Maybe I should leave them blocked up for a couple of days?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back