wetroom drain clearance / fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im fitting a wet-room in our small bathroom and need to know if the floor should be raised or if there is sufficient space to fit the wet-room floor on-top of floorboards giving enough clearance for the drain between the floor and ceiling below(obviously with marine ply on-top) essentially im asking if the drain for wet rooms are designed to fit between joists.

The waste pipe below also needs to run 2 meters before exiting the wall to a fall pipe. currently fitted is a shower tray wich is helping the fall of the waste pipe. i have measured the distance and can fall about 3 degrees over this distance which im not sure if its enough. (dependant on the height of the drain) secondly the house was built in 1820 and as such the floor joists lean to the external wall (settlement) which increases my fall 1-2 degrees (4 overall) luckily, so should assists a bit.

Sponsored Links
Can't really comment on whether the trap will fit with your joists without being on site, there should be ways of making it work with correct planning though.

2.5º (44mm per metre) is the recommended fall on waste pipe

Thanks for the help. i figured as much. i have seen some really short traps, about 2" which should do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back