wf541 dismantling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

My hotpoint WF541 has developed a problem, I have determined (from this post //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=255400) that the fault is with the pressure switch.

However, I am unable to figure out how to remove the lid of the machine. I have removed the two screws at the rear of the machine but I can't figure out how to release the front part of the lid.

Any help greatly appreciated. J[/url]

Sponsored Links
There are no other screws...Give it a good hard slap at the front & the lid should move backwards...then lift it off.

Ok, successfully managed to remove the top :)

It seems that this is the part that is causing the problem.

IMG_20110119_111205.jpg
IMG_20110119_111238.jpg

I've removed the component and blown into it, you can hear a click. I have also blown down the pipe and can hear bubbles.
I reconnected everything, each time I plug the machine in, it responds in one of two ways, either the 'Reduce Creases' light flashes continuously (which often stops if I tap the component) or the 'Reduce Creases' light flashes for a few seconds then stops.

In either case I am unable to turn the machine off with the 'On/Off' button on the front, I assume this is because the fault code has be registered by the machine.

I am guessing that I need to replace this component, does anyone know where I can purchase said component.

Many Thanks, J

I don't know where you would buy one in Germany :rolleyes:
But the part number is C00143651. Google, ebay.....call Indesit maybe :idea:

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the continuity on the pressure switch with a meter ie if it clicks you should get a closure on the contact pairs?

It could be a fault with the control board.......not the switch

Both contact pairs don't close when the switch is activated.
One pair is always open. Terminals 11 & 12 are NC. Terminals 14 & 16 are NO. When the switch is pressure activated an opposing state applies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back