Hotpoint WF541 keeps running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Hotpoint WF541 washing machine which works perfectly at lower temperature washes. But if you set any wash above 60 degrees, the machine just keeps going and never stops.

In my mind I would think the fault would be the heater element which appears to be part of the pump.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Heater fault yes but not part of the pump

Yes remove rear White lower panel. It's right in front 3 wires on it and a 8 mm nut.

Sponsored Links
Yes remove rear White lower panel. It's right in front 3 wires on it and a 8 mm nut.
Thats great info thanks.

I'll have a look in the morning.

:D

Good news is I found the heater and have replaced it.

Bad news is the problem is still there. I don't think it is related to hotter washes now, it just seems to be on most programmes it won't stop running.
I can set it to pump out manually and it will. I can set it to spin and it spins but on a programme it just keeps going .

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Thats great info thanks.

I'll have a look in the morning.

:D

Good news is I found the heater and have replaced it.

Bad news is the problem is still there. I don't think it is related to hotter washes now, it just seems to be on most programmes it won't stop running.
I can set it to pump out manually and it will. I can set it to spin and it spins but on a programme it just keeps going .

Any ideas?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back