Hotpoint WF541 washing machine fault lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,can anyone help my Hotpoint WF541 washing machine has stopped part way through its cycle and the lights for the Wash Enhance+Rinse Hold and the on/off are flashing .The pump filter is clean and water comes out of waste pipe
:cry:

Sponsored Links
f01 light 4, motor triac
f02 light 3 motor, jammed/ tacho
f03 lights 3&4 Ntc fault
f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty
f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full
f06 lights 2&3, N/A?
f07 lights 2&3&4 heater relay
f08 light 1. heater relay
f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error
f10 lights 1&3, pressure switch not sensing
f11 lights 1&3&4, pump/draining error
f12 lights 1&2, communication error
f13 lights 1&2&4, dryer ntc/ fan motor
f14 lights 1&2&3, dryer heater
f15 lights 1&2&3&4, dryer heater relay
f16 N/A
f17 light 4, door lock
f18 light 3 comms error (3 phase motor) power board

So in this instance with the second light flashing the error code would be f04 light 2. pressure sw stuck on empty

Hi,Cheers to rocks1 ordered pressure switch fitted last night washer up and working,thanks again :D

Sponsored Links
Hello All,

I have the same problem (WF541), checked the filter - no blockage there. Not sure how to find the pressure switch. Also, in of the other post there are two things people suggested should be done; 1) blow down some plastic pipe (associated with the pressure switch) 2) Unblock the pump (impeller may be blocked). I see that water comes out of the drain pipe.

Kindly suggest how to locate the pressure switch, what pipe needs to be blown for clearing and how to remove/check the pump for impeller blockage?

I have loads of washing to be done (barely any clothes left to wear to work tommorrow).

Cheers
Rashid :(

remove the lid ,on the side of the cabinet is a black presure switch round with 4 wires on it, and a clear tube that runs to the bottom of mc blow down the pipe and then the switch .

Thanks rocks1 for your prompt response. I did as advised; still the same issue. When i blow down the pipe; i hear the water down the tube. When i blow in the switch; i hear something clicking inside.

Is there a way to test the pressure switch. I have a multimeter to check its resistance, etc. I can hear the water draining. Is there some setting on the pressure switch that i can adjust?

Failing this, do you think there might be a blockage in the pump impeller? how can i get the pump out, i understand where its located(behind the filter).

Kindly respond.

Many thanks
Rashid

you done good ,now you need a new presure switch you should here clicks on presure switch and pipe is clear and drains well 1 more thing to try refit the wires on the module located at the back on the pcb ,and switch mc off at the plug for 2 mins to reset .it that dont cure it new switch needed .

Thanks again rocks1. I hear clicks in response to me blowing in the pressure switch. Is this not the desired behaviour in response to the blow in?

which wires should i remove? there is a PCB module behind the switch panel and then there is one at the bottom corner at the back of the machine? If i remove both and also the pressure switch one and also unplug the machine from the mains for 2 mins or so; is this good enough?

If i need to buy a pressure switch? where can i find a decent/genuine one? and is there a part number of something i have to tell them or is the make/model number of the machine good enough?

Thanks again for your response.

Regards,
Rashid

yes you should hear clicks .pcb found at the rear of the mc remove white cover at the back refit the wires and give a wiggle .if this dont work call hotpoint for a presure switch make and model serial no req or google for one .

Thanks rocks1. I tried the blowing trick couple of times again. Replaced the lid and HAPPY DAYS !!! did two loads and the machine looks happy. I am gonna run a few loads over the week and see how it gets on.

Thanks again for all your help rocks1. YOU ROCKK !!!! :D

hi, seen your advice with happy customers lol. ive got same washer with reduced creases and mini laod flashing, if ive worked it right on your error codes it means the pressure switch stuck on full, would it be worth following the advice you've given above? (which im probably going to try) and if no joy, where can i get a good replacement? cheers.

nick

edit.. the 2 lights i had flashing are reduced creases and mini load.

ive tried the above advice, the pipe is clear and the switch has the clicky noise, i re-assembled it all pressed to drain the drum (which is full of water) and it did nothing, then finished the drain with no errors.. would it be worth draining this my self and trying a full cycle??

Hi there,

Sorry to hijack the post but thi sis the only one I found wih the fault codes.

All my lights on the WF541 were flashing rapidly for around 5 minutes and after leaving it on, it switched itself off. Once I pressed the On/Off switch again, the On/Off switch is flashing rapidly and the WashEnhance (1) and Mini Load (4) are slowly flashing. From teh post of error codes, it seems that this is the issue

eprom/setup error

Can you please tell me how this could be fixed?

Many thanks,

ahleung

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back