Hotpoint WF541 washing machine fault lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
new pcb required.http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

f09 lights 1&4 eprom/setup error

this are the lights that are flashing on my machine, same error as below

can you advise how to fix the problem or do i need hotpoint engineer?

Sorry to hijack the post but thi sis the only one I found wih the fault codes.

All my lights on the WF541 were flashing rapidly for around 5 minutes and after leaving it on, it switched itself off. Once I pressed the On/Off switch again, the On/Off switch is flashing rapidly and the WashEnhance (1) and Mini Load (4) are slowly flashing. From teh post of error codes, it seems that this is the issue

eprom/setup error

Can you please tell me how this could be fixed?

Many thanks,

ahleung

new pcb required.http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php

Hi,

have the hotpoint WF541p aswell, problem im having tho is the water isnt heating and therefore the washing machine doesnt go onto the next cycle. there are no flashing lights, its just not heating the water....is this the thermostat or is it going to be the element? doesnt seem to be a common problem coz i cant find too many people asking about it.

Sponsored Links
yes heater is faulty found at the back under white panel.

Hi Rocks,

I really hope you are still reading this forum as you seem to have all the answers...!

I have the On/off, Rinse Hold and Mini Load flashing. What does it mean....?

Looked at your error list but couldn't see what numbers these lights are.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Hi All,

Have read through some of the replies from Rocks1 and very much hope he reads this as I need some advice please. Machine emitted a loud bang mid cycle,machine died and this tripped the fuse box also. Repair man has been (4 times) and replaced the pcb, worked for one wash then went kaput. Came back, replaced the pump, same issue. Came back again and disconnected the heater saying this was the problem but that I could do a wash but on cold. Managed to do one load, seemingly ok before it went beserk again. At this point I called the engineer and put a hold on the replacement heater until he'd returned to view the machine again, which he did and then told me it could be a faulty pcb and that he'd order a new one (still waiting). On all of the occasions the machine has failed, the on-off button has flashed at a rate of drug induced knots and either the mini-load or rinse hold buttons flash along in a slower beat. Have to say these buttons have shown as flashing independently of each other, can't remember pre which visit the mini-load button was flashing but right now with a new pcb,pump and disconnected heater it's the rinse hold button. Looking at rocks1's list of fault codes it could be suggestive of the motor..?
Please help, do I keep spending out more money if it's not a faulty pcb or should I bail now and fork out for a new machine..?

when you disconnect the heater it wont go pass wash prog it will stick there forever .if your error code is fo8 it needs a new heater and pcb ,hotpoint charge 100.00 all in parts and labour .part for you to buy will exceed that if he does it foc let him otherwise scrap it. if you spent money on it new ones are 200.00

Hello Rocks1,

Rinse hold on my machine is light 3 error code f02 using your previous code error listing. Does your recommendation of heater and new pcb still apply.? Repair man fairly flumoxed and to be fair has offered to replace the pcb foc as he can send the other back as faulty. Should I request a new heater on the off chance this could finally resolve the problem (along with a new pcb) he has offered to fit the heater without charging for labour.

if hes checked it properly with a meggar /meter and its faulty yes let him do it .f02 means motor triac on pcb is faulty how he means heater is faulty is beyond me.

Hi Rocks1,

Thanks so much for your speedy reply. Yep, I've no idea re the heater either. We've lost faith in this machine now although we are aware we might be a tad over reacting to a simple'ish' fault that due to an unfortunate purchase of a faulty pcb has meant that it's still broken. We've spoken to the engineer and brilliantly he's been pretty cool about taking it off of our hands and selling us a model by Zanussi at a very reasonably reduced price to reflect the cost of the parts paid for. Shoot me down in flames for all those reading this and wondering why on earth we didn't hold to see if the new pcb resolves all of the gremlins but, as I said earlier, we've lost faith in the Hotpoint (I know there'll be some people out there that have had the same model for the last 5 years or so and never had a problem) and after reading some reviews of the new machine just bought I think we'd have more confidence in it's reliability and for any of you out there that have similar hair pulling stories about a Zanussi, hey ho ;) Hope the replies received from rocks1 helps others out there with an ever increasing pile of laundry :)

Hi Rocks,

I've seen your post on the error codes but struggle to analyse them. Sometimes all my lights are flashing and other times the Wash Enhance, Reduced Creases, rinse Hold, Mini Load & Final Spin are flashing. I've read your earlier posts, drained out the front (is this the filter?) blown down the pipe & switch (sounds ok). Switched off at the wall for 30 mins & also unplugged all from the rear pcb then plugged back in.

Is there anything left other than push it out the back door? :confused:

pcb needs replacing, there is a post on here regarding c 17 cap that needs changing if your good with a soldering iron and part will cost pennys from maplins .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back