Hotpoint WF541 washing machine fault lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fo1error pcb poss got wet refit pcb connections and motor plug , dry with a hair dryer if that don't do it pcb shot.

Sponsored Links
One for Rocks1 if he can help out! I have the reduced creases (light 2) and extra rinse (light 5) permanently illuminated if even I power cycle the machine. We don't use these functions and have never pressed them. I saw your advice to somebody earlier about removing the console as the buttons are stuck in. As I said they have never been pressed so does this indicate some kind of fault? The machine appears to be working normally at present. Any advice you can give is much appreciated. Thanks.

Take the lid off and unplug the wiring connector block for 30 sec see if that cures it if not remove the consol panel and refit the buttons.

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks1,

I have lights 1 and 4 flashing, am I needing a new part? If so which one from the website you have mentioned before?

Thanks bud.

You need a new pcb. Try and refit the wires on pcb Unplug for 5 mins see if that cures it if not send away for a new pcb.

Yes remove rear white cover it's in the corner

Hi Rocks,
Probably get bored of the same questions but, my machine runs a full cycle ok and empties ok, and the door unlocks but at the end the wash enhance and on/off button still flashes, I have already renewed the pcb from emw, as all the lights use to flash and it wouldn't do anything also I have removed the pipe from the bottom of the pressure switch and blow down both the pipe and the switch, the switch seems to click ok, and the pipe doesn't seem blocked, should I be hearing water when I blow down the pipe?? Am I to assume if the mc doesn't empty the pressure switch is knackered but as it does empty it should be ok, any other suggestions??? oh, and have also checked to see if the impelor is blocked and it's not, as the machine empties I assume the pump is ok and the filter isn't blocked??

The wash enhance button is the top button of the set of lights on the left that go vertically. Looking at a chart of error codes it say F08??? heater relay change module and pressure switch?? is this correct??

F 08 is either pcb or heater fault. I always change both at the same time. How long have you had the recon pcb it could be faulty relay on the pcb or heater fault. I think emw give 6 months gtee on the the part. Ask them to check it cost a fiver them if it's ok then heater is faulty.

ordered pcb thursday received it yesterday and fitted it today, i'm sure they would've tested it all though, wouldn't they??
Is the heater a costly replacement?? and easy to replace??

Not costly pennies from maplins rs etc. Send it back it is poss faulty as the pcb you sent back had a different fault. They recon pcbs so you may not have same one back.

ok, will send it back first before replacing heater element, so is my pressure switch ok if it clicks when you blow into it??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back