Hotpoint WF541 washing machine fault lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
ok, cool. Just for future reference incase it is the heater module, does the module look like the element that is in the bottom of kettle??Also where about is it located and how best to access it??

Heater is at the back at the bottom of the drum. 3 wires on it and 2 thin blue wires on the thermister that's a heater yes looks like a kettle element when it's pulled out. Heater relay is on the pcb that's what you got exchanged the White box in the corner. Pcb is also known as module ,the brains of a washer. They will tell you if pcb/ module is faulty. If it's not they will tell you what the cause is.

Hi again rocks, your thoughts please on same issue, I spoke to emw about issue with pcb, they said there is nothing wrong with it as they tested the relay before it was sent out, they said pressure switch needs replacing, so bought a new one and fitted it, but (not sure how far into cycle or near end, dont think it completes the fast final spin) the water emtpies out and the same light starts flashing again, then m/c eventually stops, I dont think it could be the heater element that you mentioned as it's hot water that is being pumped out??? could it be the other comp board at the front of the m/c for the controls??? or is there anyway the pressure switch needs adjusting as I notice there are screws on the back of the switch??

Sponsored Links
Hi i have the same problem code error fo5 i have located the black pressure switch, but cant see any clear tube that runs to the bottom of mc to blow down my mc is the wf541 any ideas?
ok so iv found the preasure switch and tube (brown switch and black tube) blown down it etc.
And hey presto fixed thanks all for your help :)
louise.

yes heater is faulty found at the back under white panel.

Many thanks for this information,fixed my machine. i was a little worried it was more than the heater (I knew heater was a problem since open circuit)because on program 1 (prewash) I would get lights 2, 3 and 4 flash which your list says is heater relay. All other programs just washed forever.

I've just had a call from my (worried) wife saying that the washing machine is not working, and hotpoint want to charge us £140 for an engineer to come out and look at the error codes.... it's a WF541 and so I found this rather useful looking thread...

I haven't seen the machine myself yet, but my wife has said that the only flashing light is the wash status indicator. This doesn't quite fit with the error codes listed in here as they appear to be the setting lights on the left rather than the status lights along the top.

Can anyone help me with this one?

Cheers

That means a water supply fault , check hoses are not kinked , check presure pipe has not come off , check that it fills twice on a 60 wash poss open curcuit valve.

That means a water supply fault , check hoses are not kinked , check presure pipe has not come off , check that it fills twice on a 60 wash poss open curcuit valve.

Nice one, I will have a look when I get back home later. Thanks!

Nice one, I will have a look when I get back home later. Thanks!

Okay, so I got home and the flashing light has turned to always on. I tried resetting the wash program and put it to slow spin. It locked the door and put the final spin light on - and then nothing. After a few minutes the door lock light has started flashing and the final spin light remains on. There are no other lights on.

Any ideas?

No water going in as well , check motor brushes

Afternoon Rocks, Our hotpoint wt540 is coming up with mini load flashing.
This is the 4th light on the display.
In the book this says that the pump is blocked and and failed to empty.
I have undone the pump filter on the front.
There was some coins and crap in there.
I have cleaned this out and the pump is running.
But the machine is still coming up with the same code!
I have also checked the waste pipe and this is clear.
The pump works, as i fill the barrel with water through the soap draw and it emptied fine but the pump does not stop when it is empty of water.
Is there any way to reset the machine to let it know i have cleared the blockage?

If it's the 4th light flashing on the left that means error code fo1. Which means motor triac on Pcb has failed. Thats got nothing to do with the pump. Have you unplugged it for 2 mins to clear the error.

If it's the 4th light flashing on the left that means error code fo1. Which means motor triac on Pcb has failed. Thats got nothing to do with the pump. Have you unplugged it for 2 mins to clear the error.

Its been unplugged now for about 2 hours.
Just checked and its still the same.
I just tryed to put it on a slow spin as there are still clothes in it.
The pump started up but nothing else happened.

Check the connections on the Pcb and motor poss loose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back