Hotpoint WF541 washing machine fault lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my filter. I've trimmed a small bit of the stick (stalk?) thats in the centre to see if that stops it sticking.

I do wonder if there something in the waste pipe or one of the others as the water comes out quite slow, more than a trickle, but I can remove the waste pipe from the drain whilst its pumping out no problem.

Sponsored Links
Right, filter is Ok. you have a blocked waste pipe it is poss block unclip it from the pump and flush it though with a hose pipe

I've got the waste pipe and pump out. there wasn't any significant blockage in the wastepipe that I can tell, some buildup was flushed out.

The pump itself looks ok, I've cleaned it all up. There was a channel in the outer pump case that was completely bocked, seen in the lower part of the image, but I think this is just a channel to let water out the front when you release the filter.

I've not removed the pipe that goes from the sump to the pump. Can't feel anything in it, and when I pour water into the drum it draing straight out.

Rocks, thanks for your help you were right about a blockage, not in the waste pipe, but in the sump. Removed the sump pipe and found that these colour catcher sheets the missus had been using where blocking around the ball (which I assume should be there!). Have cleaned this all up and run through two washes without issue. The pump out also empties the water much quicker.

Before..

After..

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
My washing machine is a hotpoint aquarius wf541 when i go to wash the wash light stays on then after a minute the door lock light just flashes and nothing happens any ideas please?

Motor is at the back under the White panel 2 13 mm nuts to undo. Go to YouTube and type in motor brushes and it shows you how to check them.

If it is the motor brushes then they only cost £20 from hotpoint but im sure ill get some cheaper else where.
I'll report back and let you know if it's the brushes thanks rocks1 :)

Ok after struggling and swearing and beating the motor i finally got it off and checked the brushes and they do look rather worn so i will get some new ones on tuesday and see how it all goes and report back when all is done.
Once again thanks for the info rocks1 :)

Ok fitted the new brushes on the motor it works brilliantly thanks for saving me £100+
You are a star rocks1 thanks a million :)

Just another big thankyou to whoever discovered the C17 replacement fix. I was looking for a new machine for my mum only yesterday and found this thread, checked C17 - which was only slightly bulging. Replaced it with a 1000uF 16V one from Maplins for 64p and it's working great again !! You've made my dear old mum - and me - very happy. Thankyou !

Dontcha just love the internet ? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back