whashing machine problem help!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please could somebody help me. i have a hotpoint aquarius 1000 washing machine and the belt keeps falling off does anybody why this could be happening???

Sponsored Links
belt loose ,drum bearings gone ,motor loose ,pulley warped take your pick . :)

its not a wma by any chance is it if so the rear drum surport has taken out the bearings .

Sponsored Links
9 years old if the inner drum lifts up by a few mm then time to scrap it bearings shot any brown rust marks on the floor underneath the mc .

when i put my hand right at the back of the drum it does not lift up but it does at the front. when i turn the drum manually it makes a grinding and banging noise.there arnt any rust marks on the floor under the mc

pull the inner drum up from the front just by the seal, back is no good .

do yourself a favour strip mc down to see if you can get the bearings out ,it might be a broken drum surport ,then get the parts needed ,there is no point it buying it and finding it needs more parts or you crack the drum getting them out . then you have wasted your money ,part no for bearings is 168970 by the way .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back