What’s better

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this in plastering but maybe better placed here, any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice regarding having my bathroom ceiling plastered.

I am tiling the whole room floor to ceiling and was wondering what’s best to do, should I tile all the way to the ceiling and then get the ceiling plastered, or tile but leave the top row and then get the ceiling plastered and then finish the top row after it’s plastered? Which way would people normally do it?

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Cheers will leave the top row get the ceiling plastered and then finish off.

Plastering can make a bit of a mess so you wont want flicks or dollops of plaster onto your new tiles. If it does happen give your tiles a wipe down before the plaster hardens. Clean water and a sponge should work fine but any grout may discolour. I’m sure a plasterer will be along shortly.

Sponsored Links
You can tape polythene around the walls to protect the grout.

I would go with leaving the top row of tiles out. Once the plastering has been done, If you paint the ceiling with water based eggshell you will be able to grout the top of the tiles without worrying about the grout soaking in to the paint. It is much easier than trying to cut the paint in to the grouting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back