What’s wrong with my roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’ve had leaking in my boiler down to my staircase during recent rainfall and had a builder come round and it may have been an issue with the flue pipe in the boiler.

However, since it was only leaking during rainfall I suspected the roofing. I had another builder round who took one look at my roof and proposed a temporary quick fix for a couple hundred pounds that might last a couple months as I am not financially able to get a full roof job.

I just wanted to see what you all thought from the pics attached as from first glance he knew what the issue was.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Which is the flue - that in the roof or the wall?

Typically, a sudden roof leak is from a broken or slipped slate, loose or broken hip/ridge tile or mortar joint or defective lead, or flue collar. It's not clear if there is a flue collar fitted

Have a look in the loft for water staining above the boiler.

Any repair should be for the remaining life of the rest of the roof, not just a few months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back