What’s your opinion on this BG boiler quote?

It's going to be a bu99er to get the condensate trap out of the bottom to clean it on a service, and I'd have lagged the condensate to prevent freezing. A Spirovent on the flow above the boiler would have been good too, to remove dissolved air and further reduce the risk of system corrosion

Thanks. I think there’s plenty of room to do that. I noticed the trap when I was looking under there to get the two front panel screws out. I take your point about lagging the condensate and I’ll look into the Spirovent you mentioned.

Sponsored Links
....A Spirovent on the flow above the boiler would have been good too, to remove dissolved air and further reduce the risk of system corrosion
I’m going to get one. Would you say the Spirovent RV2 would be okay?

Sponsored Links
Nada. Run the system up to silly temps for a few hours on commissioning. A lot of my stuff has LLH's remember too.

Interestingly I was at a Bunny course last week and their new 46's and 65's have their own version built in. Have to say I was genuinely impressed. Wouldn't entertain fitting one without a plate though as they still use those Giannoni heat exchangers.

“We've stopped using them after a good 80% leaked.”

Agh! Ordered one this morning. They sell them on the intergasshop web site. You telling me that Intergas sell equipment with an 80% failure rate? :rolleyes:

The Intergas Shop is not Intergas. :rolleyes:.

I'm saying that I had around 80% leak. Or rather... water comes from the air outlet. Is that a failure? Dunno. Spirotech will say not.

The product when not passing water works well. But I can have >£10 million of house underneath the ones I install so I don't want to risk it.

Well, all fitted and.....I’m impressed. You could hear the air hissing out of it when I refilled the system and so far, it’s made the system noticeably quieter as I occasionally heard a bit of air intermittently percolating through the pipes near the pump. Also, I could always get a bit of air out of that little bleed cap to the far right of the flow pipe but now, nothing. Best of all, no leaks - yet! (Must be one of the 20% that don’t leak). :LOL:

BD0E7DD3-6299-4805-8D6A-A117F4142AD2.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back