What actually is a democracy?

I disagree... that's a bit like saying you'll employ a hairdresser... and let them do what they want for a year before you assess their performance.

But if you want a major change, say a lass wants to go from short hair to very long, then that's EXACTLY what she does have to do.

The hairdresser will tell her, "it ain't always going to look great as it goes from where it is now to where you want it to be, and there are going to be times when it's at just the right length to be a real pain in the arse, but those are the steps you'll have to go through if you want to get from here to there."

Kind of what all the economists and politicians are telling us about the current state of the country. You've got to give people the time for their decisions to make a difference before you judge their effectiveness - anything else just becomes a personality and popularity contest.

Sponsored Links
I would of thought that voting on any policy would be very easy through computer connections on the high street.

I already have a vote number.

Voting could be carried out over a 2 week period. The 1 day period in this day and age is silly and very,very expensive.

I believe the labour party didn't get in because they didn't listen to the public and some of their appointed experts.

Perhaps our politicians at times do not want to hear the truth about what we think.

Exactly, Wreckedit. Labour tried to stifle any public debate about immigration, which was quite a big issue for voters. Gordon's gaffe with the woman from Rochdale proved this.

Well theres more to it than that. Labour knew the voters wouldn't like there immigration plan, which was to deliberately let in millions of immigrants in order to a) flood the market with cheap labour to cow the unions and b ) forcibly social engineer the country into 'multiculturalism' and c) **** of the Tory right. They knew they couldnt let the truth out, so they deliberately suppressed all debate.

I disagree... that's a bit like saying you'll employ a hairdresser... and let them do what they want for a year before you assess their performance.

But if you want a major change, say a lass wants to go from short hair to very long, then that's EXACTLY what she does have to do.

The hairdresser will tell her, "it ain't always going to look great as it goes from where it is now to where you want it to be, and there are going to be times when it's at just the right length to be a real pain in the a**e, but those are the steps you'll have to go through if you want to get from here to there."

Kind of what all the economists and politicians are telling us about the current state of the country. You've got to give people the time for their decisions to make a difference before you judge their effectiveness - anything else just becomes a personality and popularity contest.

I agree inky... for long term policy decisons, then once we've agreed how to sort the 6 hexadillion pound deficit, we don't keep voting on it every week after that. But the government can't keep making it us as they go along!!!

Sponsored Links
Back