What adhesive for large splashback ply panels??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fixing 8x4 sheets of formica faced ply to an industrial kitchen wall to replace awful tiling. It has little extrusions to locate in at the edges but i want to glue it too. Any high grab adhesive will probably do but i would prefer a recommendation of something that is maybe mould/ waterproof if anyone has experience doing this?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Take a look at this method of fixing you wall panels and I have included a drawing which you can view by using the link at the bottom. Its the method I use with all my projects.

Soft wood hook battens to be constructed from 145 x 20 par cut down the length with a 45 deg cut thus producing a male and female hook batten.

 The first batten (male) is fixed to the top of the wall panel and one 200mm up from the bottom. For 2400 x 1200 wall panels a further three will need to be fixed at equal centres.

 Find the highest point of the floor and make the top of the wall board plus 10mm on the wall and level all round the wall.

 Fix the top female batten. Hang the wall board on the wall and mark for the other female battens. Remove the wall board and fix the remaining female battens.

http://www.alanwakefield.co.uk/Hook batten.pdf

thanks for your reply but i am looking for an adhesive as they will be going straight onto plaster and not on batens. cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back