What anchors for 2x4 support timber for joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am trying to level my kitchen subfloor which over the time has sunk at one end around 4cm.

Upon investigation, it turns out 100x400 support timber for the joists is floating in air (causing it to bounch) and no longer sitting on the honeycomb brickwork. (This must be due to the movement over the year)

Anyhow to secure it, I am planning to take the 100x400 out and put 2x4 c24 and secure the joists so they don't float in the air.

I wanted advice on what size anchors to use to secure the 2x4 C24 to the brick work. I was looking at the Fischer ones etc but not sure.

Please can someone advise what ones to get which are appropriate for brick work

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If I read correctly your ledger board is 100x400mm (That’s big) :cautious: and you are replacing with 50x100mm?

I would use rawl bolts, and stagger the bolts higher and lower as you go along. Every 400/500mm will be enough.

If I read correctly your ledger board is 100x400mm (That’s big) :cautious: and you are replacing with 50x100mm?

I would use rawl bolts, and stagger the bolts higher and lower as you go along. Every 400/500mm will be enough.

My bad sorry.. the ledger board is 25x100 and I am replacing with 50x100 to compensate the gap..

I have looked at Sleeve Anchors or Rawlplug M10 bolts.. just wanted to check what length anchors I should use? 100mm as 50mm would be in wood.

You want at least 50mm in the wall, preferably more, think you can get a m10 x 115mm these are meaty and from memory need a 16mm drill.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back