What are HQR brackets? (removing an internal wall)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im new in here... Does anyone know what HQR brackets are please? Ive tried googling and asking friends but no-one knows.

We had builders in to quote to remove what we thought was a load bearing wall... they informed us it wasnt load bearing and so after a second opinion we have decided to remove it ourselves. However the builder said "dont forget the hqr brackets". They were really great guys, and I already feel bad for wasting their time in getting them round to quote, so dont feel I can ask them.

The wall isn't load bearing but there is another wall, not directly above it but running parallel about 2ft away, which isnt supported by anything underneath except the chunky joist its running along. Both walls run in the same direction as the joists and aren't supporting anything, and our joists are large so the wall above "should" be fine.... but Im guessing these brackets are something to do with it?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
They need to be put up with a left handed screwdriver.

Yeah I was wondering if that was the case! ;)
A bit similar to the DFA button.

But thought Id check just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back