What are the 'new' Domestic 12vdc Transformer / power suppliers called ?

Sponsored Links
Advantage of using a constant voltage LED driver

The only LED elements that can be safely driven with a controlled voltage are

(1) the cheap ones that have parasitic resistance built into the element due to poor quality manufacture and/or materials

(2) the very expensive elements with built in current control, effectively an element and a controlled current source fabricated into a single chip.

In my view Quality fittings with sealed non replaceable lamps with constant current drivers, i believe will be the future, 12volt push in led and Gu10 lampholders and these retrofit leds will be a thing of the past.
Seems to be the way in shops now and fitting sizes are decreasing, so soon in my view will be more accepted in the domestic market.
All the dimming troubles and transformer nonsense hopefully will all go away too.

Sponsored Links
In my view Quality fittings with sealed non replaceable lamps with constant current drivers, i believe will be the future, 12volt push in led and Gu10 lampholders and these retrofit leds will be a thing of the past.
Maybe, but they're a terrible idea in general.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back