What are these fittings for polytunnel called and where do I find them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watching this handy video:

THere are a few fittings he uses which I cannot find anywhere. All I get are regular U-bolts:

upload_2021-11-11_14-21-20.png

I cannot find that rounded "arched pressing" to grip the tube onto the U-bolt, or a corner bracket of that style. He mentions "U clamps" I can't find either.

Even this simple u-bracket thing that wraps around a pole I can't find:
upload_2021-11-11_14-24-45.png

One aspect of the modern world is I don't have a hardware shop I can go in and describe what I need, so frustrating not to be able to name the thing I want especially when they're pretty common :) Neither Screwfix nor Google is turning up what I'm after.

Anyone able to help?

Sponsored Links
Exhaust clamp, scaffold clamps if it's 48/50mm tube, kee klamp.
Some parts will be custom made.
For the U shaped strap in the last pic, just bend a bit of steel, or galvanised banding.

Contact polytunell suppliers, they will have some of these items, depends what diameter your tubing is.

One aspect of the modern world is I don't have a hardware shop I can go in and describe what I need, so frustrating not to be able to name the thing I want especially when they're pretty common :) Neither Screwfix nor Google is turning up what I'm after.

There are shops that sell some of this stuff, industrial suppliers and bolt/fixing suppliers on industrial estates, but you're not likely to get them in the big chain retail shops

There are shops that sell some of this stuff, industrial suppliers and bolt/fixing suppliers on industrial estates, but you're not likely to get them in the big chain retail shops
Maybe that's it. I was sure I've seen them before - maybe I'll ask my local steelwork place who do tube-clamp stuff.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back