What backing material for bay window render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to remove the tiled finish to the bay window and replace with pebledash to match the rest of the house. What backing material should i fix for the renderer to apply the finish to?

Tile backer board? Cement Partical board?

bay.jpg

Sponsored Links
preferably a cement carrier.
knauf aquapanel or marmox multiboard or similar.
can also be done with osb and stainless mesh

Sponsored Links
The Auquapanel i have found -> Link seems to indicate that it is for internal use. Is this what you are recomending?

This product -> Link seems to be for external use.

Are either correct?

the only problem is it states weatherproof not waterproof .and theres no mention of frostproof.
search marmox cement multiboard.

OP,
Why are you proposing to change something thats in good shape, ie the tile hanging, for render that will, esp on a bay panel, come with its own possible problems - eg bays in general are prone to movement which tile hanging will absorb.
Bay panel studwork can shrink & expand and crack render.
Replacement Pvc frames are often badly fitted, and can cause various movement difficulties.

Really dislike the tiled panel and much prefer the rendered look to this area. Plus tiles are not in great condition so would need replacing as a minimum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back