What blade to cut aluminium on a mitre saw?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of blade do I need to cut aluminium (a bifold door track) on a 210mm mitre saw?

The one I have is this one (TITAN TTB598MSW)
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/558235316301623725/
I bought it at ScrewFix but it's no longer on the website

The current blade has a wood symbol printed on it so I guess it's not appropriate for aluminium.

What kind of blade do I need?

Sponsored Links
I don't know for that particular saw. I have an Evolution Rage sliding mitre saw and it uses this blade.

It's a TCT blade and it cuts steel, alli, wood, plastic and your fingers if you get to close. You need to take note of the numbers on your existing blade because the, (um middle hole, can't remember what it's called) because they are different sizes. I buy mine from Ebay but Screwfix stock them. As I say check your particular saw blade details because blades are different.

Evolution use a non standard 25.4mm (1in in old money) arbor, however ot is possible to find 30mm OD x 25.4mm ID (diameter x bore) saw washers both on Amazon and eBay. That means you aren't stuck with Evolution's blades alone

In the rest of the world (outside of Evonation) blades for ally profile typically have a triple chip grind (TCG), negative rake teeth and a tooth count of around 80 to 110 teeth on a 250 to 255mm diameter

Sponsored Links
some form of negative rake blade is best, ideally triple chip tooth design.

all blades used on mitre saws should be negative rake.

alternative top bevel blades can be used cut will tend to snatch a bit more.

If you can clamp the bifold door track to the saw firmly so it cant move you may be able to use the blade you have.
You should slide the saw to its forward position, then cut down and back -if you start at the back and pull forward you risk the blade trying to climb over the work.
please note if you are cutting off a sliver -that could snatch and get thrown -even with the correct blade.
Ive cut loads of aly using a std blade safely, but please do not take this as a recommendation from me as the way for you to do it -Im just saying what I would do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back