What boiler for smart heating system E.g. Drayton Wiser (Will a Vaillant work)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We want to install wireless smart thermostat zone and room temp control, digital radiator and scheduling control functionality so we can control all the rooms/zones independently from an app. The house also has underfloor heating we'd like to control with the system. I also think I want modulation control so it gradually does everything rather than on/off. Ideally, I'd like to get the Drayton system as that looks reliable and has all the functionality and doesn't rely on the internet.

We're getting a new house and the person we are buying from is a plumber and installing a new boiler.

The plumber says he's installing a new Vaillant boiler. I've read that the new Vaillant boilers have Ebus controller VR66 controller which isn't compatible with Drayon or even Tado. I don't know much about boilers or smart control systems. Is there a boiler we could ask for that would be best to work with Drayton or will the Vaillant work and do everything above?

I'm not an expert so I may have got not worded things correctly / got facts right. I am quite technical however and can figure stuff out, but would probably get an engineer to install it for me.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant boilers need Vaillant controls if you want to take full control of the boilers functionality. You need to look for Opentherm compatibility on both the boiler and the smart controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back