What can i decorate a laminated surface with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a wall bed which folds up into a wooden casing. It's roughly the size of a large wardrobe and it's a beech laminate effect. I want to change the appearance for a more contemporary look but unfortunatly dont have any idea what i can use.

Paint is obviously no good...any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, preferably at the lower end of the price scale (o:

Thanks for you time
Daz

Sponsored Links
Hi Daz
you could try melamine primer first

Melamine can be particularly difficult to paint, as the surface is smooth and non-porous. This specially formulated primer is for use on interior melamine* surfaces and as an essential basecoat it eliminates the peeling of the topcoat. INTERNATIONAL TILE & MELAMINE PRIMER is ideal for transforming old kitchen cupboards and bedroom furniture. For a tough, durable finish overcoat with INTERNATIONAL MELAMINE SATIN FINISH.

after this paint with any normal paint
bazza :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back