Painting furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large wardrobe that I want to paint. It is not laminate, but is coated with something.
I have been told that a product called Zineer is what I need, and I will not have to sand it down, and then can use any type of paint.
Can any of you clever people advise me please?

Sponsored Links
The product is Zinsser Bulls Eye 123, they also now do a super duper "plus" version but the old one should do just fine.
Look also at an Owatrol product ESP (Easy Surface Prepration) very good and easy to use wipe on leave for a few minutes wipe off and paint after a couple of hours.

http://www.owatrol.com/index.php?langue=en&page=produits-esp

Either will work but remember to be careful of the finish if using Zinsser as it takes a few weeks to cure fully and the surface can be damaged by finger nail scrapes until it is fully set.

PS you would do better to lightly sand with the zinsser but only to slightly abrade the surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back